10mm 3 Core Armoured Cable is a type of electrical cable used to supply mains voltage electricity for a variety of uses. As this cable is armoured, it is suitable for underground installation as well as being attached to structures or buildings using Cable Cleats. Both indoor and outdoor glands for this armoured SWA cable. This cable is commonly found in a range of installations including;
- Garage supply cable
- Log Cabin supply cable
- Hot Tub supply cable
- The Railway and Transport industry
- Underneath roads powering buildings
- Industrial networks such as power plants and factories
- Within cable ducting and the roofs of warehouses
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm.
As an example, if we take 10mm armoured cable 25m and run it through the cable calculator when a single phase 220v-240v 40 Amp circuit is needed, the following results would be given.
|POWER||9.2KW / 40A|
|VOLTAGE DROP||4.7 VOLTS|
Specifications for 10mm 3 Core Armoured Cable
- Current rating : 73 Amp Commonly used for a 63A circuit (MCB)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Brown, Black & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
- SWA Armoured cable 10mm 3 core
Fast, free delivery to mainland UK addresses (excluding highlands & islands) is available for as little as £5.95 plus VAT, however delivery is free on orders over £100 excluding VAT. If you require delivery notifications via text or email, please remember to include your mobile number and email address in the order.
We have a great page that is continually being updated with info regarding different types of armoured cable and different ways it can be used.
Building Regulation in England covering electrical safety in dwellings;