2.5mm x 3 Core Single Phase Armoured Cable is a mains supply cable with a hard-wearing outer sheath and steel-wire armour (SWA) beneath, which protects the cable against chemical and mechanical stresses.
Below are some of the applications this cable would be suitable for:
- Garden Lighting over longer distances
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- High-output Power tools, for example, in a shed or out-building
- Electric Gates
- Shed or outhouse heating
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm.
2.5mm x 3 Core Single Phase Armoured Cable Specifications
- Current rating : 31 Amp
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Blue, Brown & Green/Yellow)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large range of cable and accessories to suit. For this 2.5mm cable, we also hold the glands and cleats to suit it, therefore you’re able to complete the job. For indoor requirements, you’d require the BW20S indoor gland pack and for outdoor applications, you require the CW20S outdoor gland pack. The cleat size you’d require would be CC6 cable cleats.