2.5mm x 3 Core Single Phase Armoured Cable
2.5mm x 3 Core Single Phase Armoured Cable is a mains supply cable with a hard-wearing outer sheath and steel-wire armour (SWA) beneath, which protects the cable against chemical and mechanical stresses.
Below are some of the applications this cable would be suitable for:
- Garden Lighting over longer distances
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- High-output Power tools, for example, in a shed or out-building
- Electric Gates
- Shed or outhouse heating
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm.
- Current rating : 31 Amp
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 3 core (Blue, Brown & Green/Yellow)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
Fast, free delivery to mainland UK addresses is available on orders over £100 excl. VAT. Highlands and islands postal codes will incur extra postage charges. Please include your mobile number and email address so that you receive delivery notifications during transit.
For attaching this cable to surfaces or structures, CC6 Cable Cleats would be required. Also, brass cable glands are available for this cable, BW20S indoor armoured cable glands for indoor use and CW20S armoured glands for outdoor use.
Also, check out the Building Regulation in England covering electrical safety in dwellings.