35mm 2 Core Armoured Cable
35mm 2 Core Armoured Cable is a variant of electrical cable that is commonly found within powered networks as well as supplying mains voltage to multiple powered devices etc. It is used in a wide variety of electrical applications but at this size, it is commonly found within industrial compounds such as power stations and building sites.
This cable is identified by the following method of construction;
– Plain Annealed Stranded Copper for the cores/conductors
– XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene) for the insulation
– PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) for the sheathing and bedding
– Steel Wire for the armouring that protects the insulating layers beneath.
As well as a form of mechanical protection, therefore suitable for outdoor use and underground installations, the steel wire armour also acts a CPC (Circuit Protective Conductor), meaning it acts as a natural earth for the cable therefore an earth core or seperate length of earth cable is not required.
Other installations this cable can be found in include;
– The transport industry= Railway lines, underground railways, etc.
– Power stations and industrial warehouses= when concerning warehouses, it can be found within cable ducting as opposed to it being installed underground
– Underneath roads carrying mains electricity to buildings, housing etc.
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large and varied range of Armoured Cable, including sizes all the way up to 300mm. If there is a specific type or size of Armoured Cable, or a variant of Armoured Cable accessories you require but cannot find among the range available through the website, please feel free to give our sales a team a call on 01244 288138 who will be happy to provide further information and assistance.
ArmouredCable.net is based on Zone 1 of Deeside Industrial Park near Chester, so if you’d prefer to arrange a pickup for your order, please feel free to do so.
35mm 2 Core Armoured Cable available for some of the best prices online with fast, free delivery on orders over £100.