1.5mm 4 Core Armoured Cable is a type of SWA Cable that contains 4 cores which have a cross-sectional diameter of 1.5mm². This cable also contains a galvanised steel wire armour, which helps to protect the cores from damage. It’s perfect for a variety of fixed installations.
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Floodlights with PIR
- Two-way switching circuits
- Garden Lighting with day/night sensors
- 20A 4-Pole Rotary Isolators
- Three Phase and earth circuits
- Three phase motors
If you require an estimate size of cable based on your application, please follow this link for our Armoured Cable Calculator.
PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm. The information you need is what type of circuit it is, either being single-phase or three-phase, the power running through the cable in kW or Amps and the length of the run.
Specifications for 1.5mm 4 Core Armoured Cable
- Current rating : 23 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Overall Diameter: 13.3mm
- Core identification: 4 core (Brown, Black, Grey & Blue)
- Insulation: XLPE
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Bending Radius: 6 x overall diameter
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v (Higher voltages available; please call 01244 288138 for more info)
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- British Standards: BS 5467
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large range of cable and accessories to suit. For this 1.5mm cable, we also hold the glands and cleats to suit it, therefore you’re able to complete the job. For indoor requirements, you’d require the BW20S indoor gland pack and for outdoor applications, you require the CW20S outdoor gland pack. The cleat size you’d require would be CC6 cable cleats.