70mm 2 Core SWA Armoured Cable – Mains electrical cable primarily found in large powered networks and underneath roadways supplying mains electricity to large buildings. It can also be found within the transport industry, such as railways powering the trains and buildings located beside the tracks.
As this cable has a 279 amp current rating (clipped direct), it is suitable for a variety of larger single phase applications. Please note that as this cable doesn’t include an earth core, a separate earth will need to be provided.
70mm 2 Core SWA Armoured Cable Specifications
- Overall Diameter: 29mm
- Current rating: 279 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded Copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 2 Core (Brown & Blue)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467
- Voltage: 600/1000V (Higher voltages are available; please call 01244 288138 for more info)
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large range of cable and accessories to suit. For this 70mm cable, we also hold the glands and cleats to suit it, therefore you’re able to complete the job. For indoor requirements, you’d require the BW32 indoor gland pack and for outdoor applications, you require the CW32 outdoor gland pack. The cleat size you’d require would be CC12 cable cleats.