95mm 5 Core SWA Armoured Cable is a type of electrical cable that has a PVC outer sheath and a steel wire armour below. This protects the cores inside the cable which makes it suitable for direct burial into the ground.
We often get asked what length we supply our cable in, this is very simple; we can cut your cable to any length you need. For instance, if you need a 25m coil of 95mm 5 core steel wire armoured cable, you would simply enter 25 into the quantity box.
- The Railway and Transport industry
- Underneath roads powering buildings
- Industrial networks such as power plants and factories
- Within cable ducting and the roofs of warehouses
If you need to asses what size cable it is you require, please follow this link for our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm.
Specifications for 95mm 5 Core SWA Armoured Cable
- Current rating : 289 Amps (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Overall Diameter: 33.1mm
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 5 core (brown, black, blue, grey & green/yellow)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Bending Radius: Fixed 6 x overall diameter
- British Standards: BS 5467
- Voltage: 600/1000V (Higher voltage cables are available; please call 01244 288138 for more information)
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large range of cable and accessories to suit. For this 95mm cable, we also hold the glands and cleats to suit it, therefore you’re able to complete the job. For indoor requirements, you’d require the BW50 indoor gland pack and for outdoor applications, you require the CW50 outdoor gland pack. The cleat size you’d require would be CC18 cable cleats.