10mm – 16mm Armoured Cable Joints are for joining multiple lengths of cable together. For example, they’re great for repairing a length of cable or adding another smaller diameter cable to a run.
The kit includes the following;
- A clear joint shell made from PVC in the centre
- A clip-on cover for the filling hole where the resin is poured into
- Resin is a two-part polyurethane variant which comes in a sealed sachet, both resin and hardener.
An earth continuity kit is also provided.
10mm – 16mm Armoured Cable Joints are compatible with the following cable sizes:-
– 10mm 2 Core, 3 Core & 4 Core Armoured Cable
– 16mm 2 Core, 3 Core & 4 Core Armoured Cable
Our in-house electrician Paul recommends using these cable joints when connecting an application to the mains. For example, you’d have a cable supplying mains power, where you’d be able to use this joint kit to connect a smaller cable to the mains supply cable. A perfect example of this would be branching a smaller cable off the mains cable to power a hot tub with a 10mm x 3 core armoured cable.
For more information regarding building regulations, remember to check out the Government’s Part P building regulations.