10mm 5 Core SWA Armoured Cable is a type of electrical cable that has a PVC outer sheath and a steel wire armour below. This protects the cores inside the cable which makes it suitable for direct burial into the ground.
We often get asked what length we supply our cable in, this is very simple; we can cut your cable to any length you need. For instance, if you need a 25m coil of 10mm 5 core steel wire armoured cable, simply enter 25 into the quantity box.
This cable is suitable for a variety of uses, including the following;
- Three Phase Generators
- Power Networks
- Supplying Power to Industrial Properties
If you require an estimate size of cable based on your application, check out our Armoured Cable Calculator.
PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm. The information you need is what type of circuit it is, either being single-phase or three-phase, the power running through the cable in kW or Amps and the length of the run in metres.
Specifications for 10mm 5 Core SWA Armoured Cable
- Overall Diameter: 22.9mm
- Current rating : 73 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 4 core (Brown, Black & Grey)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Bending Radius: Fixed 6 x overall diameter
- British Standards: BS 5467
- Voltage: 600/1000V (Higher voltage cables are available; please call 01244 288138 for more information)
Here at ArmouredCable.net, we stock and supply a large range of cable and accessories to suit. For this 10mm cable, we also hold the glands and cleats to suit it, therefore you’re able to complete the job. For indoor requirements, you’d require the BW25 indoor gland pack and for outdoor applications, you require the CW25 outdoor gland pack. The cleat size you’d require would be CC10 cable cleats.