4mm 4 Core SY Cable Per Metre – SY cable is primarily designed for use in the industrial sector for interconnecting, measurement and instrumentation devices. It has a PVC outer sheath and a galvanised steel wire braid below the sheath to protect the cores.
You’d normally see this cable being used for the following:
- Control Applications
- Production Lines
- Assembly Lines
- Fixed & Mobile Equipment
- Air Conditioning Systems
You’d ordinarily use this cable for indoor applications. This is due to the fact that the sheath on the cable isn’t UV-protected, meaning it isn’t suitable for use in direct sunlight. If you require a cable for use outdoors, we recommend you use H07RN-F Cable.
4mm 4 Core SY Cable Per Metre Specifications
- Current rating : 34 Amp
- Overall Diameter: 13.2mm (Approximate)
- Galvanised Steel Wire Braid
- Outer Sheath: PVC
- Conductors: Plain Annealed Flexible Copper (Class 5)
- Insulation: PVC
- Core Identification: Black Numbered Cores w/ Green/Yellow Earth
- Sheath Colour: Transparent
- Voltage: 300/500V
- Operating Temperature: Maximum 70°C, Minimum Bending 0°C
- Minimum Bending Radius: 6 x overall diameter
- British Standards: VDE0250: Insulated Power Cables
If you’re looking to attach this cable to a wall or structure, you can use CC5 Armoured Cable Cleats for this purpose. Also, if you require glands for this cable, we recommend using CXT20S Gland Pack.