1.5mm 5 Core Armoured Cable
1.5mm 5 Core Armoured Cable is a kind of mains electrical cable with 5 cores, each having a cross-sectional diameter of 1.5mm².
A few of the different uses for this cable include:
- Low-voltage transmissions
- Low-voltage Power Supplies
- Small Powered Motors
- Low-voltage control applications
If you require an estimate size of cable based on your application, please follow this link for our Armoured Cable Calculator. PLEASE NOTE; this is an approximation, if you don’t know what cable size it is you require, please contact a qualified electrician so they can consult the regulations and confirm. The information you need is what type of circuit it is, either being single-phase or three-phase, the power running through the cable in kW or Amps and the length of the run.
Specifications for 1.5mm 5 Core Armoured Cable
- Current rating : 23 Amp (Clipped Direct)
- Conductors: Stranded copper
- Insulation: XLPE
- Core identification: 5 core (Brown, Black, Grey, Blue & Green/Yellow)
- Bedding: PVC
- Armour/Protection: SWA (Steel wire armour)
- Sheath/Jacket: PVC
- Colour: Black
- Voltage: 600/1000v
- Operating temperature: Maximum 90°C, minimum bending 0°C
- Standard: BS5467: Electric cables.
- Voltage: 600/1000V
- Designed for use in mains supply electricity
Fast, free delivery to mainland UK addresses (excluding highlands & islands) is available for as little as £5.95 plus VAT, however delivery is free on orders over £100 excluding VAT. If you require delivery notifications via text or email, please remember to include your mobile number and email address in the order.
Indoor & Outdoor Cable Glands for this cable are available via the following links:
Cleats are also available for this cable via the following link:
Building Regulation in England covering electrical safety in dwellings;